Comprehensive CCTV monitoring in harsh environments
Regal Security Services carried out an in-depth survey for the CCTV system to ensure a quality, reliable solution was installed to withstand the harshest desert environmental conditions long into the future.
The CCTV solution included the supply and installation of all head-end, field equipment, network, and associated accessories, as well as system optimization to ensuring devices are in good working order to minimize downtime and any system failures.
• The system is monitored from a state-of-the-art control room with Video walls, Alarm integration and Spot monitors.
• The entire system including full functions of the PTZ cameras, are remotely accessible via the Remote
CCTV Mobile App.
• System design was based around future proofing and the ability for expansion using the latest technology in recording, live viewing, and system alarms.
• Advanced line crossing analytics provides real-time notifications to the control room if a person approaches any restricted areas, while reducing false alarms from small animals.
• Ultra-long viewing distances (300m+ in good lighting conditions) across strategic areas to allow additional monitoring capabilities and assist in incident investigations.
• Camera coverage which leaves no dead zones in the surveillance coverage to provide full coverage of all areas.
• Video Analytics capable NVR’s monitor the internal and perimeter cameras.
• High speed 36x optical PTZ cameras with 7 IR LED + 2 Laser LED illumination giving long distance night-time views.
• The data infrastructure was installed using CAT6 UV protected cabling with a Fibre backbone and Wi-Fi point-to-point links where hardwired routing was not possible due to the terrain.
• Integrated 100m varifocal cameras with infrared illumination were installed to sufficiently cover areas that had no additional ambient lighting.
• Cameras were configured to provide complete overlapping coverage with no blind spots, viewing angles set to provide optimum coverage and clear pictures along the boundary line 24 hours a day.
Hardware and Software:
700m fiber optic, 4,000m CAT5